Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Curse of the Black Yarn

Viime vuonna näihin aikoihin väänsin huivivaihtoon mustaa huivia Sialle. Silloin päätin, että enää en mustaan lankaan kesällä koske.


Last year around this time I was working on a scarf that I made for Sia in the Finnish Scarf Exchange. I then decided that never again was I going to do anything of black yarn in summertime.



Tänä kesänä osallistun Sockapaloozaan. Aloitin sukkia yhdestä langasta, ei ollut hyvä. Kokeilin toista lankaa, joka oli ihan kiva, mutta en löytänyt langalle sopivaa mallia. Kolmas lanka toimi mallin kanssa, mutta minulle tuli tunne, että parini ei sukista pitäisi. Luovutin.


This summer I'm knitting socks for Sockapalooza. I started knitting, and the yarn was no good. I tried another yarn, which was OK, but could not find a pattern that would fit the yarn. Finally I gave up.



Joten neulon taas mustaa lankaa. Lankana Regia Silk, mallina Waving Lace Socks Favorite Socksista. Parini pitää tummista väreistä, joten nämä toivottavasti miellyttävät? Musta lanka ainakin näyttää vainoavan minua kesäisin.


So it's black yarn again. The yarn is Regia Silk, pattern Waving Lace Socks from the Favorite Socks. My pal likes dark colors, so I'm hoping she'll like these. There seems to be a curse of the black yarn around here.



Ensimmäinen sukka on valmis, toinen kantapäässä menossa. Vielä on muutama päivä aikaa saada nämä valmiiksi ja postiin!


The first sock is finished, and I'm knitting the heel for the other. I still have a couple of days left to finish these and mail them off to my pal!


Mustan langan värejä en saanut millään toistumaan oikein ylläolevissa kuvissa, joten tässä vielä langan todellinen väri:


For the life of me, I could not get the colors to show right in the pictures above. The socks are really black, as you can see in this one:

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

Beautiful! You sock pal will be very happy.

July 30, 2007 3:59 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

Kauniilta näyttää niin kuvissa kuin luonnossakin. Tsemppiä toiseen sukkaan.

July 30, 2007 9:10 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Very nice finished sock! I really like the way the pattern shows up! :0)

July 30, 2007 10:11 PM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

It is really beautiful, she will love them!

July 31, 2007 7:55 AM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

That looks beautiful! Your pal is going to love them!

August 02, 2007 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black is always so hard to photograph, but you did a really great job with it! These socks are so beautiful - the pattern is very high up on my "Have to knit" list as well, and yours turned out just gorgeous! Your pal will love them, I'm sure about that!

August 03, 2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger Hasbu said...

Thanks, everybody!

August 03, 2007 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home