Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Portland Travel Report

Kovasti on kiireitä riittänyt ja kesäaikaan siirtyminen sotki unirytmini täydellisesti. Nyt minua nukuttaa illalla, yöllä, aamulla ja päivällä. Nukun, nukun ja nukun.

I cannot believe how busy I have been the past weeks. We shifted to daylight savings time last Sunday and I have been horribly sleepy ever since. I go to bed very tired, sleep, wake up tired and try to survive the day at work. It seems that the only thing that I do is sleep nowadays.

Tässä kuitenkin matkaraportti Portlandista.

I did promise to tell you about my trip to Portland so here you go.

Ihana kaupunki! Olen asunut Yhdysvaltojen kaakkoisosissa, mutta maan luoteiosat olivat ihan uusi kokemus. Kaupungissa on ilmainen (!!), toimiva (!!) joukkoliikenne ja paljon tekemistä. Portlandista tuli ehdottomasti yksi suosikkikaupungeistani Yhdysvalloissa.

What a lovely city! I have lived in the Southeast, but never got to visit the Northwest then. The city center has free (!!), working (!!) public transportation system and fun stuff to do. Portland instantly made it to my list of favorite cities in the US.

Kiireisen aikataulun lomassa ehdin käydä muutamassa lankakaupassakin. Ensin vuorossa oli Knit Purl, josta mukaan tarttui tällaisia:

My schedule was quite busy, but I did have time to visit some local yarn stores. First up: Knit Purl. Some shopping:

Cascade 220

Portland shopping


Shibui Sock

Portland shopping


Lantern Moonin ruusupuiset puikot
Lantern Moon rosewood needles

Portland shopping


Ja jotain pientä SNY:lleni
And little something for my Finnish Secret Pal

Portland shopping

Seuraavana vuorossa oli Knit knot studio:

Next up: Knit knot studio:

Blue Sky Alpacas Suri Merino

Portland shopping

Ja siinähän se...
And that's it, folks...

...paitsi että hotelli ystävällisesti toimitti minulle paketin Knitpicksiltä:

... except for the package from Knitpicks the hotel concierge kindly delivered to me (Knitpicks does not deliver to Europe):

Andean Silk

Portland shopping


Alpaca Cloud

Portland shopping


Suri Dream:

Portland shopping

Kävin myös hauskassa lanka- ja nauhakaupassa, Button Emporium & Ribbonryssä, josta lähti mukaan pitsiä ja muutamia nappeja. Olisin voinut ostaa koko kaupan!

I also visited Button Emporium & Ribbonry and bought some lace and buttons. I could have bought the whole store!

Portland shopping

Powell's City of Books -kirjakauppa oli mieletön kokemus. Kaupassa on yli miljoona kirjaa, joten valikoimaa riittää. Olisin voinut viettää kaupassa päiväkausia, mutta valitettavasti aikaa ei sellaiseen ollut. Muutama käsityökirja lähti mukaan.

Powell's City of Books is a paradise. It stocks more than a million books so you can find almost anything there. I could have spent days in that store, but unmfortunately had only couple of hours to spare. I bought some crafts books, naturally.

Katsokaa, kuinka puut kukkivat kauniisti Portlandissa!

Lovely blossoming trees in Portland!

Trees Blossoming in Portland

Olen neulonut ja virkannut viime viikkoina, ja toivottavasti tämän viikonlopun jälkeen ehdin kuvata valmistuneita. Odottelen myös innolla uutta kameraani, joka on tilauksessa ja toivottavasti tulee huhtikuussa.

I have been knitting and crocheting and am hoping to get some pictures of the FOs after this weekend. I am also impatiently waiting for my new camera, it has been ordered and should arrive some time in April.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger heidi said...

Näköjään vähän jotain pientä...

April 03, 2008 3:55 PM  
Blogger Makepeace75 said...

Voi kateus mitä ihanuuksia. :o)

April 03, 2008 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kiva raportti ja ihania tuliaisia! Melkein sydän pysähtyi tuon Shibui Sockin kohdalla. Jos se jostain syystä lakkaa puhuttelemasta sua, huikkaa tännepäin! :-)

Ja oi, näit maailman ihanimman kevään merkin, kirsikkapuita kukassa!

April 03, 2008 11:37 PM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

We lived in Portland for a few years so it was fun to hear what you thought of it. It really is a nice city, we're only 3 hours from there.

You did get some fun stuff!

Drop in and sign up for my contest!

April 04, 2008 3:46 AM  
Blogger Leeann said...

Glad you had such a good time! Portland is one of my favorite cities and Powell's is heaven as far as I'm concerned. :)

April 04, 2008 4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip you had. Isn't Portland so wonderful?

You got some amazing yarn, needles and buttons. I had no idea about the bookstore though. I'll have to check that out.

How brilliant of you to have a Knit Picks order shipped to you while you were in Portland.

April 04, 2008 7:25 AM  
Blogger Too Little Time said...

Sounds like you had a great time - looking forward to your FOs - Karrie

April 04, 2008 2:58 PM  
Blogger -päivi- said...

Nuo ruusupuiset puikot ovat ihanan näköiset samoin tuo pitsipakkaus on kaunis ! *kääk* haluun kanssa matkustamaan ;D

April 07, 2008 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home