Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Greetings from Portland!

Pikaiset kuulumiset sateisesta Oregonista. Lahdin aikaisin lauantaiaamuna matkaan, tarkoituksena oli lentaa Frankfurtin kautta suoraan matkakohteeseeni. Matka vaihtuikin piiitkaan reittiin Helsinki-Zurich-Chicago-Portland, 28.5 tuntia, ja laukutkin jaivat Sveitsiin.

A quick note from rainy Portland, OR. I left home early Saturday morning, with the intention of flying to Frankfurt, Germany, and then directly to Portland. Little did I know that it would take me 28.5 hours to get to my destination... I was rerouted to Zurich, Switzerland, then Chicago and finally I made it to Portland. The luggage was left behind in Switzerland.

Nyt ovat laukutkin saapuneet ja elama hymyilee. Konferenssi on loistava ja shoppailumahdollisuudet hyvat. Kotiin lahden torstaina, Denverin ja Frankfurtin kautta. Toivottavasti paluumatka sujuu jouhevasti.

The luggage is finally here and life is good. The conference is very useful and I love the fact that Oregon collects no sales tax. I am flying home on Thursday, this time through Denver and Frankfurt. Let's hope I'll have better luck with my flights then.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Leeann said...

Yikes, what a nightmare with all your flights! I'm glad you finally got your luggage. Have fun in Portland, it's one of my favorite cities!

March 18, 2008 6:13 PM  
Blogger Too Little Time said...

Welcome to my side of the pond - have a great trip - Karrie

March 18, 2008 8:21 PM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

I really wish I could have tried to come see you. I am really glad your luggage made it!

March 19, 2008 4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry about all your travel trouble. Did you take enough knitting with you to keep yourself entertained? I sure hope Portland was worth it. Have you been to any yarn shops?

March 20, 2008 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home