Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Mama's Boy

Poitsu tarvitsi uudet sukat ja pyysin häntä valitsemaan lankavarastosta mieleisensä. Hetkeäkään epäröimättä pieni käsi suuntasi kohti alpakka-villasekoitusta. Äidin poika kuitujen(kin) suhteen.


My son needed a pair of socks and I asked him to choose the yarn from my stash. Without hesitation he pointed at some alpaca-wool blend. Mama's boy does know his fibers!


Tätä yksinkertaisempaa sukkaa ei varmasti ole olemassakaan. Ylhäältä alaspäin, kantapää ja varpaat ainaoikeaa. Poitsu tykkää!


This is as simple as sock knitting can get. Cuff down, heel and toes with garter stitch. And he likes them!


Malli: Perussukka
Lanka: Alpaca/Merino 4ply Natural Dye Studiosta, 36g
Puikot: 2.5 mm

Pattern: Basic sock
Yarn: Alpaca/Merino 4ply from the Natural Dye Studio, 36g
Needles: 2.5 mm (US #1)


Ompelin poitsulle myös muutaman pussilakanan. Poika sai uuden, isomman peiton kesällä ja ostin silloin heti kankaita. Kankaat odottivat kärsivällisesti vuoroaan useamman kuukauden ajan, mutta nyt ryhdistäydyin.

I also managed to sew some duvet covers that were long overdue. My son got a new, bigger duvet in the summer and I bought the fabric soon after. And now I finally got around to sewing them.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger tiinaf said...

Mukavan näköiset sukat, varmasti ihanaiset jalassa! Ja niin herkullisia kankaita...

October 03, 2007 4:21 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Love these finished socks, and the sewing is great, too! :0)

October 03, 2007 6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krhm, eräs erittäin salamyhkäinen syysvaihtohenkilö täällä, terve! Tulin ihan vaan puolihuolimattomasti ohimennen vähän vakoilemaan vinkkejä ylläriä varten ja taisipa niitä jokunen löytyäkin. Palaan asiaan myöhemmin ;)

October 03, 2007 7:00 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

Cute socks! I also love the little hippo (I think?) print on the duvet cover.

October 03, 2007 10:39 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

Ah, miten varpaat ovat varmasti lämpimät noissa sukissa! Ja ihanat lakanakankaat. Mistä ostit?

October 03, 2007 11:27 PM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

I love this...he was trained up right!

Love the duvet cover, too!

October 04, 2007 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks look great - perfect color, perfect fiber! You did raise him with good taste :)

October 04, 2007 1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful socks, I love the colourway! And your sewing is great too!

October 05, 2007 1:21 PM  
Blogger Larjmarj said...

The socks are too cute.

I am glad that you linked to "What is a duvet?" I should probably know since I live in a cold climate as well. Nice work on the sewing, the fabric pattern is very retro.

October 06, 2007 6:58 PM  
Blogger Hasbu said...

Thank you, thank you!

Heidi: Jostain Ikean alesta nuo palat nappasin. Tosi eksoottinen paikka siis. :)

Larjmarj: Glad to be of service. :) I remember trying to explain the concept of a duvet to somebody who'd never seen one so I thought the link might be useful.

October 08, 2007 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home