Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Feeling Retro

Aloitin nämä sukat jo keväällä. Ensimmäinen sukka valmistui nopeasti, toista sitten saatiinkin hieman odottaa. Enpä niitä kesällä kyllä kaivannutkaan, silloin kun en juurikaan sukkia pidä.



I started this pair of socks already in the spring. The first one was finished quickly, the other took a while. Well, there wouldn't have been too much use for these in the summer anyway as I mostly walk barefoot all summer long.


Näille ilmoille ne sopivat kyllä! Väreistä tulee mieleen polvisukat, jotka minulla oli pikkutyttönä.

Perfect for curling up beside the fireplace! The colors remind me of knee-highs that I had as a child.


Retro-polvisukat
Malli: Oma, kärjestä ylöspäin
Lanka: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, 96 g
Puikot: 2.5 mm


Retro Knee-highs
Pattern. My own, from the toe up
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, 96 g
Needles: 2.5 mm


Minusta on ihana katsella liekkien leikkiä takassa!

Isn't that pretty? I love watching the fire dance in the fireplace!

Olenpas ihan unohtanut ilmoittaa, että Sherrin mielestä minäkin rokkaan. Kiitoksia! Laitan napin eteenpäin paremmalla ajalla.

Sherri thinks that I rock, too. Thanks, Sherri! I'll pass the button on later on.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger sherriknits said...

I LOVE those socks! My colors, too! That fire looks inviting. We are finally having some summer weather, but the rain started as we were hauling things in from the motor home when we got home from vacation tonight!

September 03, 2007 10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Onpa hienot! Mä en jaksa ikinä noin ylös asti :)

Mutta lisäksi: huomasitkos, että sähköpostiosoitteeni muuttui? Ei tässä mitään kiirettä, tietenkään, mutta Ullan deadline on 23. päivä... ;)

ilu ät handu piste fi

September 03, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

Fireplace? You really have your fireplace turned on? I'm moving by you so I can escape this miserable heat wave. It was 88 degrees in my home today and I had the air conditioner on!

I love the color combination of your socks, but how in the world did you have the patience to knit knee-highs? I could never do that.

September 03, 2007 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful socks, I love how the colors go along together!

September 03, 2007 12:14 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

Nätit! En muista niitä alkuperäisiä. :(

September 03, 2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger Hasbu said...

Thanks, everybody! My feet are so small that I usually have lots of leftover yarn after knitting a pair of socks for myself. This time I decided to try how far two hanks of Lorna's Laces would get me -> knee-highs and I still have some yarn left (very little, but still). But I had to stop there, I didn't want them to go over the knees!

Sherri&Kristie: Yes, it's not so warm up here anymore. Last week it was down to the 30's, and today's high is in the low 60's... chilly!

Ilu: Valmis on... Pitää vaan vielä lukea läpi, etten ole höpissyt omiani! :) Saat sen varmaan huomenna tai tänään illalla.

Heidi: Vihreä oli niissä alkuperäisissä vähän haaleampi, ruskea samalla tavalla vähän vaihteleva kuin näissäkin. Olivat sellaiset normit puuvillaiset polvarit, ei neulotut. Mutta siitä on tosiaankin sata vuotta, joten ei ole mikään ihme, että et kaikkia lapsuuden sukkiani muista... :)

September 03, 2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

Those socks are so cute!

September 03, 2007 3:34 PM  
Blogger särmä said...

Ihanat!Vihreän ja ruskean yhdistelmä saa aina kuolaamaan:)

September 03, 2007 3:40 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Awesome socks! I love how they look! :0)

September 04, 2007 6:18 AM  
Blogger Hasbu said...

Särmä: Kiitos. Vihreä ja ruskea ovat oranssin ohella ehdottomia lempivärejäni.

Lobstah and Charity: thanks!

September 11, 2007 10:00 AM  
Blogger Inka said...

Upeat sukat! Wau :)

September 15, 2007 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home