Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love natural fibers: wool, silk, and alpaca are my favorites. Blends are fine, as long as the synthetic content is not too high. Synthetic fibers make me itchy and uncomfortable. I'm also not too keen on novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a roll-up needle case that my sister made me for Christmas. I also have an old tool box that I use to store everything that does not fit in the roll-up case.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned to knit a thousand years ago, when I was about 5 years old. My mom thought me and I have been knitting ever since. For the past couple of years my knitting has become almost obsessive. I would say I'm between intermediate and advanced. I'm pretty good at many things, and really not that good at least as many things.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I just updated my wish list at Amazon.co.uk. Just search for it with my full name.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I do not usually wear perfume as I easily get headaches from heavy scents. Natural scents are wonderful. I love the scent of newly-cut grass. I wish that could be stored in a bottle for the long winter days!

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I do have a sweet tooth, but try not to give in to it too often. I mostly long for candy that I cannot get here in Finland: salt water taffy and Reese's butter cups and pieces.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I love cross stitching and sewing, but have not had too much time to do them lately. I also do bobbin lace from time to time. I would love to learn how to spin, but, unfortunately, have no time at the moment.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love a variety of music. I listen to everything from heavy metal to country and bluegrass. I have an MP3 player and my computer also plays MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love warm earth tones (mainly brown, green, orange). I dislike lilac and purple. I do not like variegated yarns with a strong color contrast. I do like self-striping yarns, though.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a hubby and a two-year old son. I also have two cats and 23 fish in a tank.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I love scarves, hats and mittens. I do not wear ponchos that much, but do have a couple of them.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I love knitting socks, scarves and stoles.

13. What are you knitting right now?

I always have several projects going on at the same time. I am knitting two pairs of socks and a wrap skirt. I also have several UFOs waiting to be finished.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Absolutely!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circulars. I used to knit everything with bamboo, but now my favorites are Addis and Knitpicks Options.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

I have several very old UFOs that should be frogged. I hate frogging!

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Definitely Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Yarn, I guess. I love books and have a big library. I also love everything related to cats.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I subscribe to IK and Vogue Knitting. I would like to replace all my bamboo needles with Addis or Options, but will definitely do so eventually. I love all kinds of craft books and never seem to get enough of them! I love handpainted sock yarns and keep drooling over new colorways.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Yes. I am really not good at fair isle and would love to have the time to learn it properly. I would also love to try loom knitting. Spinning is also on my to-learn list.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes, definitely. I have small feet, I wear US size 5 or 6 (European 36-37), and the length of my foot from heel to the big toe is 8 5/8 inches (22 cm). Foot circumference is the same as the length.

23. When is your birthday?

January 20.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Still on queue.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home