Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Last Flower of Summer?

Syksy on selvästi saapumassa. Vaikka päivisin olisi lämmintäkin, illat ovat jo viileitä ja pimeitä. Toivottavasti syksy tuo tullessaan sateiden lisäksi kirkkaan selkeitä, kirpeitä päiviä. Jatkuva sade nimittäin saa mielen matalaksi.

The fall is definitely arriving. Even if it gets quite warm during the day, the evenings are chilly and dark. Hopefully we will get some nice and crispy days between the fall showers. Here it tends to rain a lot in the fall, which makes me feel blue.


Tein pari hattua, toisen annoin lahjaksi naapurin 1-vuotiaalle prinsessalle ja toinen pääsee pian 2-vuotiaan tytöntyllerön synttäripakettiin. Näistä tuli mielestäni tosi hauskat.

I knitted two hats, one for a 1-year old princess next door and the other one for a friend's daughter, who'll turn 2 next month. These turned out cute!


Malli: Upside-down Daisy Itty-bitty Hats -kirjasta
Lanka: Novita Samos, 55 g (isompi) 45 g (pienempi)
Puikot: 4 mm

Pattern: Upside-down Daisy from Itty-bitty Hats
Yarn: Novita Samos, 55 g (larger) and 45 g (smaller)
Needles: 4 mm


Poikani suostui poseeraamaan isompi hattu päässään, vaikka ilmoittikin sen olevan tyttöjen hattu. Mistä päättelikään niin? Meillä kun poikakin puetaan kirkkaisiin väreihin, ei tosin vaaleanpunaiseen.

My son posed with the larger hat, even though he thought that they were girlish. I've always dressed him in bright colors, but must admit that I draw the line with pink. So it must be the pink that made him think so.



Ihana siskoni muisti minua tällaisella:

My dear lil' sis awarded me with this:


Kiitoksia! Jatkakoon matkaansa Sherrille.

Thank you, that was sweet! I'll pass it on to Sherri.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristie said...

That's hats are sooo sweet!

August 27, 2007 2:29 AM  
Blogger lobstah said...

Ooh, so cute!

August 27, 2007 11:18 PM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! Just home from a week of vacation and all kinds of surprises!

August 28, 2007 7:20 AM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

ps Come visit me and see what I have for you...I had already picked you before I saw what you had for me. ;)

August 28, 2007 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award, how very cute! And so are the hats, I love them! Here it seems fall is arriving too - pretty early this year unfortunately! Just like you, I tend to get the blues when it's so rainy and grey outside - guess we'll have to do a lot of knitting to stay away from the blues!

August 30, 2007 10:23 AM  
Blogger heidi said...

Ihania myssyjä. Ihan hyvin sopii Niilonkin vähän sovitella niitä.

August 30, 2007 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! the hats are just adorable!

August 31, 2007 7:28 AM  
Blogger Hasbu said...

Thanks, everybody!

September 03, 2007 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home