Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Blog Action Day

Muoks. lopussa
Edit at the bottom of this post.

Tarkoituksenani oli blogata Blog Action -päivänä, mutta migreeni on ollut seuranani jo useamman päivän ja olen yrittänyt välttää koneella olemista. Mutta tässä hyvin lyhyt saarna.


I meant to post on the Blog Action Day, but missed it. I have had a terrible migraine over the past few days and I cannot seem to get rid of it so I have been keeping computer time to the minimum. But here you go, a very short rant.




Vähennä jätteen määrää ja kierrätä. Muista vanha sanonta:

Please reduce, reuse and recycle. Remember the old saying:

We have not inherited the earth from our Fathers. We are borrowing it from our children.

------------------------

Neulomisrintamallakin on tapahtunut, jotain on pingottumassa. Kuvia luvassa lähiaikoina.

I blocked some knitting last night, pictures will be here shortly.

Lähetin paketin Syksyn sävyt -vaihtoparilleni. Tein pakettiin mukaan tällaisen kortin:

I sent off a package to my downstream pal in a Finnish swap. Here is the card:


Muoks. Pienen paidan neuloin sukkapuikoilla, ensin vartalo-osan yhdeksällä silmukalla (jätin puikolle odottamaan) ja sitten kaksi kolmen silmukan hihapätkää. Siirsin hihat samalle puikoille vartalo-osan kanssa ja liitin osat yhteen. Muutaman raglankavennuksen tein, että paita saisi vähän muotoa. Lopuksi vaihdoin sukkapuikkojen tilalle hammastikut ja liimasin koko hökötyksen korttiin.

Edit. I knitted the sweater with dpns, first the body with 9 stitches (left it waiting on one needle) and then the two sleeves with 3 stitches. Then I moved the sleeves to the same needle with the body part and started knitting away. I made a couple of raglan decreses to give it some shape. When I was done with knitting, I replaced the dpns with toothpicks and glued the thing on the card.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Heips syystoverini =)

Tulin kiittämään aivan ihanasta syksyn sävyt - vaihtaripaketista! Tää kortti on aivan ihana, tosi hieno ja muutenkin pakettisi oli todella mieluinen, langan värikin just mun mieleen, syksyisen oranssi :) KIITOS!!! Laitoin kuvan blogiini paketin sisällöstä.

Oikein mukavaa ja tunnelmallista syksyä sinulle ♥

October 17, 2007 7:07 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What a cute card! Did you make it yourself? Hope your migraine has gone away now. I know what those are like, and they are definitely not fun.

October 18, 2007 12:33 AM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

Sad to say, I have heard of so many people lately dealing with migraines (including my daughter). I'm sorry you've been suffering with them.

Your card and your photos are beautiful!

October 18, 2007 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ihana kortti! Kudoitko paidan noilla hammastikuilla myös? Hyvä idea, taidan lainata joskus ;D

Marsvin

October 18, 2007 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your migraine - hope you're feeling much better soon!

October 18, 2007 10:38 AM  
Blogger Hasbu said...

Kati: Kivan kun tykkäsit!

Shelly: Yes, I knitted the thing. Took a whole 15 minutes to make this one. :)

Sherri: Thanks!

Marsvin: Ihan sukkapuikoilla tein. Lisäsin noi hammastikut sitten lopuksi.

My migraine has turned into a normal headache, which is already better. Now I just need a good night's sleep and it's long gone.

October 18, 2007 10:42 AM  
Blogger mel said...

Beautiful photos - and a great post for Blog Action Day, short sweet and to the point ;) Excellent. I hope you are feeling better!

October 19, 2007 2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home