Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Anna Socks

Tekaisin iltojeni iloksi Anna-sukat Rowan mag. 40:stä.

I have had some spare time in the evenings, so I knitted the Anna Socks from Rowan magazine 40.

Kaikki ohjetta tutkineet ovat huomanneet, että siinä ei ole minkäänlaisia kavennuksia pohje-nilkka-akselilla. Ei kyllä olisi minulla toiminut ilman. Käytännössä käytin ohjeesta vain pitsineuleen mallin, kantapääksikin muutin tiimalasin ja kärjen vetäisin myös hatusta.

As you all probably have noticed, there is no calf shaping whatsoever in the pattern. Following the pattern would have resulted in a very strange pair of knee-highs. I basically used only the lace pattern from the original Anna Socks. I replaced the original heel with a short row heel and the toe shapings are also different.

Kaventelin reippaasti pohkeen alla ja käytin pienempää puikkokoa nilkassa. Toimii hienosti! Neuloin vartta vain 30 cm, vaikka ohjeessa oli 40 cm. Pingotuksessa venyi juuri sopivaksi.

I decreased several stitches under the calf, and went down a needle size for the ankle. Worked nicely! I knitted the legs 30 cm (11.8 in) long, the original pattern called for 40 cm (15.7 in). When I blocked the socks, they fit perfectly.


Varmasti menevät pitoon, minä tykkään! Lankakin on todella mukavaa neulottavaa ja kivantuntuista jaloissa.

I am sure I will be wearing these a lot, I love them! I love knitting with 4 Ply Soft and the socks feel heavenly.

Malli: Anna Socks, Rowan Magazine 40. Paaaljon muutoksia ohjeeseen.
Lanka: Rowan 4 Ply Soft, 96g

Puikot: 3mm ja 2.5mm


Pattern: Anna Socks from Rowan Magazine 40. Loads of changes to the pattern.

Yarn: Rowan 4 Ply Soft, 96g
Needles: 3mm and 2.5mm (US #2 and #1)

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kauniit sukat!
Vilmallahan muistaakseni oli sellaiset södera-sukat, ovat saaneet vaikuitteita juuri noista Anna-sukista. Ovat tehty vain kotiväellä ja sitä mulla olisi varastossa. Nuo sukat ovat olleet jo kauan must do-listalla, koskakohan ehtisi tehdä?

October 07, 2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger heidi said...

Päihitit! Jos joskus teen vielä ne omani, (ja varmasti teenkin, niin kuin se kaikki muutkin miljoona juttua), kysyn sulta speksejä. Näyttävät sopivan täydellisesti!

October 07, 2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger Elli said...

Tosi kauniit sukat. Ovat mainio pari noiden kenkien kanssa.

October 07, 2007 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

October 07, 2007 1:20 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

LOVE the socks! I especially like seeing them as part of an outfit - I always suffer fits trying to figure out which shoes to wear with my socks. :0)

October 07, 2007 7:35 PM  
Blogger Larjmarj said...

Wow! Very chic!!
nice work.

October 07, 2007 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oii, tosi upeat! Tylsää, että ohje ei toimi sellaisenaan, mutta tosi kauniit sukat tuli silti.

October 07, 2007 11:45 PM  
Blogger Too Little Time said...

Very very pretty - I would think that you were very "smart" if I saw you on the streets - Karrie

October 08, 2007 1:08 AM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

My gosh. I would have to close my shop and knit full-time to turn out as much as you do...and they are always so beautiful!

October 08, 2007 5:47 AM  
Blogger Hasbu said...

Thanks, everybody!

October 18, 2007 10:37 AM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

I love these! Beautiful!!

October 23, 2007 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home