Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Tiptoeing

Salaisen sukkavaihdon sukat ovat olleet valmiina jo viikonlopusta lähtien ja laitoin ne tiistaina postiinkin. Tässä muutama kuva sukista. En ole vastaanottajalta saanut mitään viestiä, joten en vielä uskalla paljastaa, kenelle sukat lähtivät.

I finished the socks for the Secret Sock Swap last weekend and sent them off on Tuesday. Here's a couple of pics. I haven't heard from the recipient yet so I can't disclose the name of the recipient.



Sukat ovat vähän isot minulle (kengän kokoni on 36), mutta toivottavasti sopivat Salaiselle Sukkaystävälleni.

These are a little too big for my feet (I wear size 6), but I hope they'll fit my Secret Pal.


Malli on Magknitsin Rainy Day Socks, joka oli varsin mukava ja nopea neuloa. Kotoisa Nalle sopi hyvin tiheyden puolesta. Valmiit sukat värjäsin Nitorilla ja ne kävivät vielä lanoliinikylvyssä ennen kuin lähtivät Paten kyytiin.

The pattern is the Rainy Day Socks from Magknits, a fun knit. I used the Finnish yarn Nalle, which fit the gauge pretty well. I dyed the finished socks and before they took off with Postman Pat, I gave them a lanolin bath.

Ohje: Rainy Day Socks, Magknits
Lanka: Novita Nalle
Puikot: 3mm

Pattern: Rainy Day Socks, Magknits
Yarn: Novita Nalle
Needles: 3mm

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your socks are awesome, and I'm sure your pal is going to love them!

April 06, 2007 6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kauniit sukat.

April 06, 2007 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vaihtoparisi saa kauniit sukat :) Hyvää pääsiäistä!

April 06, 2007 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hyvää pääsiäistä!

April 06, 2007 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heipsan!

Sukat saapuivat ihan ajallaan ja ovat jo olleet jalassakin. Hienot sukat olit tehnyt ja ne tosiaan olivat pehmeät lanoliinista. Kiitos!

April 06, 2007 4:56 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

Those are beautiful, I bet your sock pal will be thrilled.

April 07, 2007 3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! These socks are totally awesome! I will *so* have to try this pattern soon too, it's more than beautiful! And I really love the yarn you've been choosing, it looks so very soft and cozy and warm - perfect indeed!

April 10, 2007 10:18 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

These are really pretty - it is a fun pattern, and I love the picot hem. :0)

April 10, 2007 6:51 PM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

Your pal HAS to love them. If not, have her send them to me .. they're GREAT!!

April 13, 2007 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home