Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Baby Gifts

Sain muutama viikko sitten ilouutisia: graduohjaajalleni oli syntynyt pieni tyttö. Ja eikun puikot heilumaan!

I heard some great news a couple of weeks ago: my MA thesis supervisor had given birth to a baby girl! Naturally, I had to start something right away.

Ensin myssy. Pienille tytöille on ihanaa tehdä pieniä myssyjä. Löysin lankavarastosta Kestovaippakaupan unelmanpehmeää luomumerinoa, malliksi valikoitui Itty-Bitty Hatsin Marshmallow Bonnet. Olen ihaillut mallin vanhahtavaa tyyliä jo aiemmin ja harmitellut sitä, että mallista ei todellakaan saa pojalle sopivaa.

First the hat. I love knitting bonnets for little girls. I found some supersoft organic merino in my stash, purchased at Kestovaippakauppa. The pattern was easy to decide: the Marshmallow Bonnet in Itty-Bitty Hats. I love the vintage style of the bonnet and have been waiting for somebody to have a baby girl so that I could knit it.

Marshmallow Bonnet

Sitten vielä töppöset. Törmäsin tähän malliin jokusen viikkoa sitten Ravelryssä ja nyt pääsin testaamaan. Näistä tuli suloiset! Halusin tossuista vastasyntyneelle sopivat, joten pienensin niitä 10 silmukalla. Lanka (Drops Alpaca) on hiukan liian ohutta tossuihin ja niistä tuli aika sukkamaiset, mutta halusin, että tossuista tulee vastasyntyneen jalkaan pehmeät ja suloiset.

And then the booties. I ran into this pattern in Ravelry a couple of weeks ago and got to try it out now. Very cute! I wanted something that would fit an infant, so I made them 10 stitches smaller. The yarn that I used (Drops Alpaca) is somewhat too fine for the booties and they turned out sock-like, but I wanted them as soft and cuddly as possible so I stuck with the yarn.

Merry-Janes

Värivalinnat tuottivat taas vaikeuksia. En halunnut päätyä itsestäänselvään vaaleanpunaiseen. Toivottavasti vauvelin äiti tykkää hennon vihreästä! Kuvaaminen oli aika hankalaa, koska hattu oli liian pieni pojan päähän ja liian iso kissan päähän. Vanha nukkeni sai siis toimia rekvisiittana.

Choosing the color was difficult once again. I did not want to go for the obvious pink, so I chose light green. I hope the new mama likes it. Photographing the knits was a little difficult as the bonnet was way too small for my son and way too big for my cat. An old doll graciously agreed to pose with them.

Merry-Janes

Malli: Baby Merry-Jane (ladattavissa myös Ravelryn kautta)
Lanka: Drops Alpaca, 20 g
Puikot: 2.25 mm

Pattern: BabyMerry-Jane (also available as a Ravelry download)
Yarn: Drops Alpaca, 20 g
Needles: 2.25 mm/ US#1

Marshmallow Bonnet

Malli: Marshmallow Bonnet, kirjasta Itty-Bitty Hats (ravelry)
Lanka: Kestovaippakaupan luomumerino,
33 g, koristeet Drops Alpacasta
Puikot: 4 mm
Koukku: 3 mm

Pattern: Marshmallow Bonnet from Itty-Bitty Hats (ravelry)
Yarn: Organic Merino from Kestovaippakauppa, 33 g, trimmings Drops Alpaca
Needles: 4 mm / US#6
Hook: 3 mm / US C

---

Puikoilla on taas vaikka mitä, mutta tämä on kyllä pakko päästää puikoille: February Lady Sweater (ravelry). Ihana, ihana, ihana!

I have several WIPs, but have a feeling that I this will be started asap: February Lady Sweater (ravelry). Love it, love it, love it!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Söpöset! Mullakin on jonossa helmikuun takki, ja tänään tilasin siihen ihan Jenkeistä saakka langat! Iik! Sit me ollaan taas projektisamiksia!

June 11, 2008 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sock-like look of those booties! What a darling set. I think the green was a nice choice.. it looks wonderful to me so I'm sure the new mama will appreciate it too. It's a lovely gift for them, plus you've already given me a new idea ;-)

June 11, 2008 3:10 PM  
Blogger sherriknits said...

I love the hat, mine is done all but the strap. Maybe I'll finish it this morning. I need a doll that size. I have a feeling I'll be making baby things for awhile!

June 11, 2008 7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo sweet! That is a wonderful set to give as a gift and I love your yarn choice.

June 12, 2008 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home