Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Tweed Skirt

Etsin viikkotolkulla kaupasta hametta, mutta enpä löytänyt mieluista. Niinpä sellainen hyppäsi puikoille launtaina.


I have been looking for a skirt for ages but have not found the kind I wanted. So that is what I cast on last weekend.

Tämä valmistui nopsaan. Grignascon Tango oli mukavaa neulottavaa ja käyttäytyi mallikkaasti pesussa ja pingotuksessa. Sileä neule oli tietysti tylsää neulottavaa, mutta värinvaihdot ja muutama nurja kerros toi vaihtelua. Lopputuloksesta tuli kiva, tykkään!


This was another quick knit. Grignasco Tango was really nice to knit with and held up well after washing and blocking. Stockinette was boring, naturally, but at least I got to change colors and purl a couple of rows so that kept me awake. The skirt turned out pretty nice, melikes!


Malli: Oma
Lanka: Grignasco Tango (50 % villa, 25 % alpakka, 25 % viskoosi), 190g

Puikot: 3.5mm

Pattern: My own

Yarn: Grignasco Tango (50% wool, 25% alpaca, 25% viscose), 190g

Needles: 3.5mm/US#4


Synttärikisaan ehtii vielä osallistua!

If you have not noticed, there is a blog contest going on!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Too Little Time said...

Very nice skirt!! I'm inspired! I have been listening to the Knitpicks pod-casts and want to start knitting more things that are wearable. I've ordered a couple of books and have set my sites so we'll see how well I fare.

January 17, 2008 11:33 PM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

WOW! You're stylin'!!

January 17, 2008 11:34 PM  
Blogger Larjmarj said...

Very nice and you look fab wearing it!! Such a quick knit too. I have toyed with the idea of a knitted skirt, I think that the only thing stopping me is all the "junk in my trunk". ;-)

They don't call me Larjmarj for nothing!

January 18, 2008 1:30 AM  
Blogger Larjmarj said...

BTW...check out my blog, I returned your compliment. ;-)

January 18, 2008 3:05 AM  
Blogger Inka said...

Upea!!

January 18, 2008 9:30 AM  
Blogger 2paw said...

Thank you for your lovely comment!! Your skirt is beautiful!! All your knitted things are lovely!! I don't know very much about Finland at all, except for Sibelius. I will have to google and find out!!!

January 18, 2008 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ihanan näköinen hame ja niin kauniit värit!

January 18, 2008 2:57 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

That is ridiculously cute!! I love it!
So much "buzz" about knitted skirts lately--I'm seriously tempted.

January 18, 2008 4:48 PM  
Blogger Leeann said...

I love this!! I'm planning to make a skirt soon, too, and in all my searching yours is one of the best I've seen. :)

January 19, 2008 7:39 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

The skirt looks nice, I LOVE those colours. Very autumnal! Makes me wish we weren't going into spring/summer soon.

January 19, 2008 4:44 PM  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Your skirt is adorable - especially on you! And I love your other projects. Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

January 19, 2008 6:57 PM  
Blogger Tytti said...

Tosi kiva hame. Nuo nurjat kerrokset ovat just se piste iin päällä. Näyttää hyvältä.

January 20, 2008 5:38 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

Hieno!

... Häh? "Hyppäsi puikoille lauantaina" ja postasit torstaina? Sulla on varmaan aika paljon liukkaammat silmukat kun mulla.

January 24, 2008 2:20 PM  
Blogger Hasbu said...

Kiitoksia kaikille!

Thanks, everybody!

Heidi: Ei ne kovin liukkaat ole, mutta mulla ei oikein ole elämää... :)

January 28, 2008 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home