Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Isän sukat - - Socks for Dad


Oho, tulikos niistä liian isot?
Oops, I knitted them way too big?

Ei, ne ovat isälleni. Minun kenkäni on kokoa 36, isän 42.
No, they're for my Dad. I wear size 36 (US 6), my Dad wears 42 (US 8½).

Hilin innoittamana tein isälle isänpäivälahjaksi Hankkija-sukat. Isä oli vuosikausia töissä Hankkijalla, joten idea oli minusta hauska. Isä tuskin tätä blogia seuraa, joten uskallan julkaista kuvan sukista jo nyt.

This idea came from Hili. I knitted these Hankkija-socks as a Father's Day present for my Dad. Hankkija no longer exists but it was a company my Dad worked for when I was a kid. The company was -- and still is -- known for its trademark orange color and black logo. I doubt my Dad ever reads this blog so I'm publishing these pictures even though he hasn't received the present yet.

Ohje: Perussukka, kärjestä aloitettu, tiimalasikantapää
Lanka: Seitsemän veljestä 130g
Puikot: 3mm

Pattern: Basic sock, toe-up with a short row heel
Yarn: Seitsemän veljestä 130g
Needles: 3mm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

VAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...nä o paljo hienommat ku mun...ja eiköhän sun isäpappa ole iloinen tästä ideasta=)

November 04, 2006 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, these Hankkija-socks are absolutely amazing! I totally love orange, so everything orange that I see makes my day - and the way you added the logo of the company is amazing! Great job, I'm sure your Dad is going to love these socks big time!

November 05, 2006 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home