Hasbun kolo -- Hasbu's hideaway

Tässä blogissa on kuvia, tarinoita ja turinoita käsitöistäni. Pictures of the crafts I make and stories behind them.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Kurpitsapuuhia - - Pumpkin business

Tänä vuonna otin varaslähdön halloweenin juhlintaan ja kaiversin kurpitsan jo tänään piristämään parveketta. Kurpitsa on pieni ja suloinen ja kuvio yksinkertainen, mutta sopii hyvin pienelle parvekkeellemme.

This year I started the Halloween celebration early and carved the pumpkin today. It's sitting on our balcony now and enjoying the crisp weather. This year's pumpkin is tiny and the pattern is simple but I think it looks very cute!


Lepakkoa piirtäessäni tuli elävästi mieleen, kuinka eräänä pimeänä yönä lepakko lensi päin kasvojani. Se oli nahkainen (en tuntenut minkäälaista karvaa), nihkeä ja kylmä - kuin tuulahdus tuonpuoleisesta. Pelästyin ihan hirveästi.

As I was drawing the pattern, an incident involving a bat crossed my mind. It was a dark night and the bat hit my face. It was leather-like (I did not feel any fur at all), sticky and cold - like a blast from somewhere out of this world. It totally freaked me out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hieno lepakko! Pitais nahda ulkona pimealla.
t.Salla

October 29, 2006 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the carving you did on the pumpkin! And oy - that incident with the bat sounds really scary! I mean, they're actually such cute animals - but not necessarily when they fly in one's face! I can imagine so well how much this freaked you out!

October 31, 2006 10:20 AM  
Anonymous Cooper said...

Thanks for sharingg

April 26, 2022 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home